Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's day in Seoul

Today is Valentine's Day, a special day for couple..
However, for me, this is also a special day for those who are single..
It's the time for all the single people to gather together and have fun instead of staying home alone, isn't it? =D

In this speical day..
As usual weekend routine, 
The singles-Sodh, Rath and I woke up early and went to Seoul to visit Changdeokgung and Changgyeonggung. 

Before entering those palaces, 
We tried to look for our lunch at the nearby store. 
Unfortunately, we couldn't get a satisfying restaurant.
So, we ended up with having a super simple meal inside the convenience store.
hahaha...If you are wondering what are the simple meals..
Alright..be patient...let me tell you...
Our simple meal in convenience store is.......
actually.....
a cup of ramyeon or one samgak kimbab(onigiri) with ooyu (milk).. 

After taking our simple meals,
we bought the entrance ticket and went into the palace..
All the design for Korean palaces look similar with each other..
However, three of us still willing to visit these two palaces.. I think maybe we have the same thought that even though they look the same but they are still the different palaces that worth to visit.
Alright...I won't talk much about the palaces.. 
As usual, I will let the photo to tell you the story...because photos capture down the moment ...








Those photos show you the environment and architecture design of palace..

Among all the antique constructions, the most I love is the construction in the following photos..



Don't you think it gives you an elegant feeling?
I feel like I will be an elegant person if I stay at this place...
I really wish to have a chance to stay in this kind of Korean old construction,
The cultural feelings is so strong and I'm so in love with it..

After visiting palace, we moved to Ihwa Mural Village and planned to meet with Quinn over there.
Instead of using subway, three of us used public bus to the Ihwa Mural Village.
After got off from the bus, we tried to use Naver map but the location was not shown well..
So, three of us tried to ask help from the locals in directing us the way to Ihwa Mural Village.

I think I'm probably too confident with the safety issue in Korea.
I asked the direction from an ajussi who are riding a motorbike and confidently handed my phone to him in order to show him the Ihwa Mural Village photo.
I didn't really worry and think of the possibility for that ajussi to grab my phone and run away with his motorbike..
but after that Sodh reminded me for that..
Yea..exactly..this kind of scenarios always happen in our own country.
We supposed to be more alert even though in Korea.

After asking for directions all along the way..we finally found the mural village.
However, we couldn't meet with Quinn because we used different way to reach Ihwa Mural Village.
Different ways lead us to different starting points of the Ihwal Mural Village.
Our ending point was Quinn's starting point and her starting point was our ending point. T.T
So, Quinn visited that village alone..
At first, three of us walked together in the Mural Village..
The place was crowded and hard to the chance for taking photos.
So, Sodh went alone..
Rath and I walked together..

Right after taking this photo (Photo of me with the flower),
Something happened..
On the way climbing up the stairs,
I think I accidentally hit Rath's hand with my knee while climbing up the stairs..>o<
and then her iphone 6 slipped from her hand and dropped to the floor..
I felt so sorry for that and Rath was really worrying because there was a crack on screen protector and she afraid the screen inside would be cracked as well.
Anyway, she still accompanied me to walk around until we reached the top of mural village and met with Sodh.



After meeting with Sodh,
Rath told me that she wanna go back to Incheon first..

At the same time, Sodh was planning to take a rest at the top..
I, myself decided to continue my sightseeing in the mural village..
So, three of us separated there.
Before separated,
I told Sodh and Rath to walk back to the subway station by themselves if they don't see me because my phone was running out of credit..

And from this point..
I started my own journey...
I continued to explore the mural village and found a lot more interesting mural.
Those murals remind me of my Pre-U time..
Drawing murals together with my classmates outside the class =)









All of the murals are nice, isn't it?
If there's another chance, I would like to visit there again with someone and take more photo with those murals =)
I couldn't have a nice photo with the murals..unless selfie..>0<
The saddest part of a photogenic while traveling alone.T.T

After finish visiting Ihwa Mural Village,
I walked along the street to find another subway station to go to samsung station, COEX mall..



I walked pass a lot of nice shop and cafe but I didn't go in..
After walking around 15 minutes, I knew that I was lost.

My phone was out of credit and there's no Naver map to guide me the way...
So..I decided to keep on walking along the main street until I find the way...
At the same time, I was eagerly looking for Hana Bank to top up my credit in order to contact the rest..

I continued walking for 20 minutes along the way and asked people for the direction..
However, I still couldn't find the subway station..
I saw the direction board showing myself walked from Jongno 3-ga to Jongno 5-ga..

It's indeed a new experience for me...
No phone credit and have to walk and lost alone in a place that I'm not familiar to...hahaha
The feeling is so lonely yet exciting...LOL

Since the weather is cold and I start feeling hungry again,
I went into a convenience store and had another samgak kimbab before continuing my journey..
After having my samgak kimbab and got the help from convenience store staff, I found my way to subway station..

Then, I took a subway train to Samsung station and went to the COEX mall..
Near COEX mall, I found a Hana bank and finally topped up my phone credit...
OMG..it's so hard to find Hana bank...
At the time I see my phone topped up with credit...I almost cry out..
I don't lie you..It's truth..my tear really almost come out at that time..

I phoned to Nong and Quinn..
Nong told me she is at Myeongdong with Puii
Quinn told me she is at the temple with Sodh..

I would like to visit the temple..but it seems too late and I don't know the way..
So, I decided to visit SM Town at COEX first..hahaha





The interior design of SM town looks really cool..
I went in to the store but bought nothing...hahaha..
This proves that I'm not really a K-POP fans ..

After SM Town, I went to meet Nong at Myeongdong...
However, by the time I arrived Myeongdong and met with Nong and Puii..
Both of them told me that they want to go to gangnam to buy sport shoes..

Luckily, Quinn and Sodh were at Myeong Dong as well..
So, I met with them at Mc Donald and had dinner together...
At the MCD, we met with a bunch of foreigners playing card games together..
They are Cambodians..Sodh recognized them by the language they used but didn't talk to them..hahaha

Before going back to Incheon,
We walked around Myeong dong again..
Quinn and I took a photo with Myeong dong..hehee

We knew that this time is the last time for us to visit Myeong dong.
We are going back to Daejeon in the coming week.
Annyeong, Myeong dong, the shopping paradise for youngsters in Seoul.
The last weekend trip in Seoul ended up with three of us going home together..
This is the second time that 3 of us went back to Incheon together and it is in a consecutive week.
As usual, the subway in Seoul is crowded and packed like you are the Sardine in a sardine can.
It's extremely hard for you to get a seat unless you are lucky..
Here you go..
I got a seat..but it's in Incheon subway train..(I'm not that lucky...hahaha)

I was tired like hell after the whole day walking...
Look at those who sat beside me..All of them were playing with their phone..
This is exactly the typical subway scene in South Korea..
In the train. you can see 90% people holding their phone and those 10% are usually the one who dating with their partner beside...

Alright.. Together with my sleeping photo captured by Quinn..
My weekend trip in Seoul ended..

This also marks the end of this post..Annyeong ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment