Thursday, January 8, 2015

Gallery for ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition

Just got back from Seoul few days ago..
And again.. We went to Seoul today.. 

This time we went there for the gallery of ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition.
This event was organized by ASEAN-Korea Center.
The 10 winners for ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition were invited to Korea and present their masterpiece in the gallery.

Before the gallery started, all of us actually gathered at ASEAN-Korea Center with the 10 artists from ASEAN countries. Every ASEAN countries will have 1 winner. Therefore, there's the chance for us to meet our own natives there. 

Seriously.. The world is so small.
The Malaysian artist is actually the friend or senior of Kai Xin, Qian Hui and Jia Fui in UMS. 
Her name is Meiyee. It's really a coincidence and surprise for me.
Malaysia is not really a small country. 
The possibility for me to know someone who first meet abroad with same nationality and common friend is extremely low. It could be 0.1%.
Anyway, the 0.1% happened on me. =)
 
Malaysian =) Kami Anak Malaysia~

After self introduction, cultural exchange discussion and lunch, we moved to Dongdaemun area. 
In Dongdaemun, we visited an exhibition at Dongdaemun Design Plaza.
However, we don't really understand the art piece that exhibited in the exhibition.
I just remembered I watched an video showing how the changes of a place from old time to modern time. It's full with fireworks at last. That was the only thing I interested on.
Ohhh yaa.. there's one more thing we were discussing about during the exhibition.
We discussed about the gender preference of a Korean guy who work in the exhibition hall.
He looks good and smart but...  hehehe 

Below is some of the artwork near the design plaza. 
These artworks are more attractive for me compared to the one show in the exhibition hall.
 



As we felt really boring in the exhibition hall, we came out from the exhibition hall and walked around the dongdaemun area. 
We tried to look for dongdaemun market but then it was not open during the day time. 
Hence, we spent some time near a stream there.
The weather was super cold, but it couldn't stop us from taking photo =D
  


After walking around, we back to the design plaza for the prize giving ceremony and gallery.
Gone through all the masterpiece of the ASEAN artists.
Some of their work really impressed me. The Vietnamese artists' work actually attracted me the most. Those photos was taken in a train. I don't have those photos now. Else, I would like to show you that.
One funny moment during this event is a Cambodian officer recognized me as Cambodian and talked to me in Khmer. LOL
I think maybe most of the Asians have similar faces. That's why sometimes it is quite confused for people to identify one's identity without asking.

Anyway, this is the first time people say I look like Cambodian.
Most of the time, people say I look like Korean. Those people who recognized me as Chinese will normally thought I am from China.
Therefore, most of the time when I said I'm from Malaysia. They will be surprised. hahaha

In Korea, people don't ask you about races, they will just ask about country.
Therefore, there's no racist problem over here.
In Malaysia, our multicultural always makes us ask about each other races at first.
Anyway, asking races cannot be said as a racist behavior.
Sometimes, people just ask that to understand us more because different races have different culture. Isn't it?    
Meiyee and I with her masterpiece
Group photos with the ambassador of each ASEAN countries
Hehe..after the delicious dinner over there, we have to back to DJU.
Ms. Nayeon keep on asking us to back but I actually don't want to back that early..
The night is still young and most importantly I haven't done enjoying the food ..hahaha

Before getting on the bus to DJU , I saw this night scene of Seoul.
It's so cool. Tell me how can I don't fall in love with Seoul ~~~
  

No comments:

Post a Comment